June 18th, 2012 → 12:22 pm @ Mark Story // One Comment
I write about it in the book, but one of the best, yet least high-tech resources to find communications and social media jobs is “Ned’s Job of the Week,” a “free email networking newsletter for professional communicators started way back at the beginning of the 21st century and attracted a cult following of more than 10,000 readers.”
I get Ned’s email every Monday morning, so from time to time, I’ll cull social media job openings from Ned’s list and post them here.
Here are a few from today, Monday, June 18, 2012:
1) Part-time Online Communications Coord./Asst., The Children’s Inn at NIH, Bethesda, MD
The Children’s Inn at the National Institutes of Health is a residential ”place like home” for sick children and their families. Children come from across the country and around the world to stay together with their families in The Inn’s healing environment while receiving groundbreaking medical treatments at the NIH, the world’s leading biomedical research center. While the NIH takes care of the child’s medical needs, The Inn tends to the child’s heart, soul and spirit. Since opening in 1990, more than 10,000 families have stayed at The Inn, free of charge.
The Online Communications Asst./Coord. will play a key role in all facets of The Inn’s online communications work including maintaining and updating the organization’s website, creating and sending monthly eNews updates and assisting the Media Relations Manager with creating content for social media. For more information, visit here.
Senior Web Designer – AgFirst Farm Credit Bank, a growing agricultural lender with over $30 billion in assets, is seeking an experienced Senior Web Designer. This position will work with bank IT staff and the marketing graphic design team to design, develop and maintain associations and bank websites. The Senior Web Designer will work closely with associations’ marketing managers to plan and develop websites that meet their business goals and objectives. In addition, the Senior Web Designer will research, recommend and implement features and functions to enhance membership growth and awareness including new e-commerce initiatives and social media involvement. This position will be responsible for analyzing search engine optimization (SEO) andwebsite statistics to accurately track, communicate and provide recommendations on traffic, usage rates, visibility and awareness.
• Minimum of Bachelor Degree in Business, Computer Science or Web Design preferred.
• Minimum of five years Web Developer / Designer experience a must with the following background:
• Familiarity with content management systems (CMS)
• Advanced knowledge of XHTML, CSS, and illustration with Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and Illustrator with formal training an asset.
• Experience in developing proof-of-concepts and wireframes of easy to navigate user interfaces (UI) that consist of web pages with graphics,icons and color schemes that are visually appealing. Ensures that applications are compatible across multiple computing platforms and browsers.
• Excellent communication skills required.
Grade and salary commensurate with experience. AgFirst offers an EXCELLENT benefit package, competitive salary, smoke free work environment, and business casual dress. EEO – M/W/D/V. Apply at: http://agfirst.balancetrak.com.
3) Social Media Manager, Archdiocese of San Francisco, San Francisco. The Social Media Manager will implement and continue the development of the Archdiocese Social Media, developing awareness of the Archdiocese and its mission, generating inbound traffic and encouraging communication and evangelization on all social network sites. This role coordinates with the social media presence of the Archbishop and other archdiocesan officials, coordinates and collaborates with the departments and offices of the archdiocesan pastoral center in solidifying their presence in the networking world. More.
The Community Specialist is the face of the brand, managing communications in both directions. This digital-savvy communicator is responsible for content creation for all Social Media platforms and focused on developing relationships that ultimately build the brand’s communities in order to increase consumer’s engagement. He/she is also focused on driving web referrals to our properties and drive tune-in to our networks while maintaining a balance that ensures and fosters a successful social media experience. Requires a highly detail oriented, organized and assertive individual with excellent communications skills who thrives in fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
Content creation – writing posts (messaging) and exclusive content/materials for social media use. Own the social media calendar and alignment with network and digital departments
Creating, managing and growing the company’s presence through Twitter, Facebook, and other strategically relevant SM properties
Be the eyes and ears of our brand, thus reporting key and relevant information to programming, research and marketing departments for optimization
Analyze campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising the social media campaigns.
Work with community manager to create local social media strategy, as well as, fan/follower acquisition plan to meet our growth objectives
Moderation of communities and crisis management when required
Execution of SM campaigns and/or activations on our SM properties
Achieve high levels of engagement of in our communities and focus on tactics that sustain these beyond program publicity
* Has work experience or training in advertising, PR, online marketing or similar field
* Highly detailed oriented and organized with keen ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in very fast-paced environment
* Strong knowledge of social networks and best practices
* A passion for Discovery, television and the media industry
* Excels at research, possesses excellent writing skills and the ability to crank editorial and technical writing output without brooding.
* Demonstrated creativity and documented immersion in social media
* Knowledge of search engine optimization-think including basic keyword research. We name and tag our posts based on research