The explosion of social media sites like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn have created a need for highly skilled practitioners – experts who not only know the social media tools, but know how to use them strategically. “Starting Your Career as a Social Media Manager” is a must-have guide if you are considering beginning your professional life or redirecting your career to the growing field of social media. The book offers practical, “how-to” advice on how to prepare for, begin and excel in this exciting field.
“Starting Your Career as a Social Media Manager” offers you useful guidance on how to make yourself marketable to potential employers using social media tools, advice on how to make the right choices to advance your career, and presents information about the types of social media employers and roles within them that are likely to interest you. The book offers advice for real-life situations like establishing an online presence, interviewing, understanding different roles and responsibilities in the field and how to make your career a success, continuing to advance professionally.
The book will also cover:
- Making the Choice for a Career in Social Media
- Preparing Yourself for a Career in Social Media Through Self-Study, Academics or Internships
- Applying Your Experience
- Making yourself visible to employers
- Using social media to land the right interview for the right job
- Understanding Job Roles and Responsibilities
- Using social media to find the jobs and be ready for the interview
- Getting started: Figuring it out
- Advancing Your Career in Social Media
- A Real World Scenario of How You Can Build a Social Media Program
- What’s Next?
- Now that you are building your career, where do you go from here?